3 min readfrom Marine Insight

U.S Forces Prepare To Strike Iran If Negotiations Fail, Stating Tolls In Strait of Hormuz Are ‘Not Acceptable’

U.S Forces Prepare To Strike Iran If Negotiations Fail, Stating Tolls In Strait of Hormuz Are ‘Not Acceptable’
Image for representation purposes only

Washington is preparing to resume strikes against Iran if negotiations fail again, claimed sources, even as diplomatic efforts between the two countries continue, mediated by Pakistan.

A White House official told the media that the matter even kept Mr Trump from attending his son’s wedding this weekend.

Instead, he planned to spend the Memorial Day weekend at his golf course in New Jersey, but had to return to the White House for ‘important discussions.’

A few members of the U.S military and Intelligence also cancelled their Memorial Day weekend plans, anticipating possible attacks against Tehran.

White House spokesperson Anna Kelly told the media that U.S forces are always ready to take action, and Mr Trump has made it clear that Iran cannot possess a nuclear weapon.

“The President always maintains all options at all times, and it is the job of the Pentagon to be ready to execute any decision the Commander-in-Chief could make,” Kelly said.

“The President has been clear about the consequences if Iran fails to make a deal.”

On the other hand, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps also issued a fresh warning that if U.S U.S. attacks Iran again, then the conflict will not remain confined to the Middle East.

The IRGC Navy spokesperson promised “crushing blows in places you cannot even imagine.”

At present, Iran is reviewing the latest American proposal to end the war, which has affected global markets and led to a rise in fuel prices.

The proposal was sent to Tehran on Wednesday with a warning that rejecting the final offer would mean that strikes would resume.

Trump told the media, “Iran is dying to make a deal.” “We’ll see what happens.”

He added that the U.S. will give Iran a few days to respond to the offer.

Iran’s response will be transmitted via Pakistan, which is acting as an intermediary between the U.S. and Iran.

The U.S Secretary of State Marco Rubio told reporters that Trump preferred diplomacy to strikes and said there had been some progress, adding that tolls or service fees in the Strait of Hormuz are not acceptable.

Rubio also spoke about his discussions with NATO members in Sweden about how to reopen Hormuz by using force if Iran does not accept the offer, as a ‘Plan B’.

Want to read more?

Check out the full article on the original site

View original article

Tagged with

#Iran
#U.S. Forces
#negotiations
#Strait of Hormuz
#diplomatic efforts
#Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps
#military
#Trump
#Pentagon
#Tehran
#Pakistan
#nuclear weapon
#global markets
#fuel prices
#military intelligence
#conflict
#crushing blows
#Memorial Day
#American proposal
#final offer